Senior Electrical Project Manager - Frischhertz Electric Company
February 20, 2018
New Orleans, Louisiana
Full Time - Experienced
The position is responsible for assisting in the management of projects from start-up to closeout under the description of the Senior Vice President of Operations.
1. Assist with the management of the bid process, analyze blueprints/specifications, review proposals/project requirements and coordinate material procurement.
2. Ensure compliance with corporate policies and federal/state laws; provide status updates and maintain documentation records.
3. Responsible for material requisition, submittal complication, purchase orders, on-site job walkthroughs, change orders request for information, pay application support and close-out documents.
4. Implement, maintain and control project schedule, budget, and all correspondence.
5. Plan, direct and coordinate activities of the designated projects with the Senior Vice-President of Operations, to ensure that aims, goals, and objectives specified for the project are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations, and budget.
6. Determine methods and procedures for accomplishments of the project, staffing requirements and allotment of funds to various phases of project.
7. Develop project staffing plan and establish a project completion schedule.
8. Confer with Senior Vice-President of Operations on situations that may arise, and keep management well informed on the progress of the project.
9. Prepare change proposals, claims and change orders when situations arise that are not within the prescribed scope of work, and also negotiate settlements with the owner or general contractor.
10. Maintain relationships with owners, general contractors, and other key personnel to facilitate future business opportunities.
11. Participate in rotating on-call Project Management schedule.
12. Perform all other duties and responsibilities requested by the Senior Vice-President of Operations.
1, BS in Construction Management.
2. A minimum of 10 years successful electrical PM experience. (large job experience and OSHA 30 a plus) experience.
3. Knowledge of all aspects of construction(technology, equipment, methods, etc) as well as an understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards and the impact on project activities/
4. Capable of preparing take-offs and estimate for change orders.
5. Capable of reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
6. In-depth knowledge of the NFPA codes and strong problem-solving skills.
7. Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Accubid software is a plus.
8. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
9. Ability to present self in a professional and represent the company image.
10. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced setting.