- Complete Job Set-up and Start-up functions on jobs sold including:
Contract set up to include reviewing all agreements of jobs personally closed to ensure that the scope of work bid matches terms and conditions of the contract, that exclusions are correct, and contract amount matches bid amount
Budget and Schedule of Values are created
Work Order/Work Report generation
Procurement of Insurance/Tax Exempt forms
Procure Shop Drawings
Schedule and attend preconstruction (Pre-Con) job conferencing
Follow proper contract set up procedures per company policy
- Review all PO’s and vendor invoices of purchases for jobs under contract.
- Coordinate customer relations and requests.
- Personally coordinate any technically difficult installations
- Ensure construction is performed in accordance with plans and specifications as well as completed in accordance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Review work completed on-site for proper installation and report any deficiencies to management
- Review weekly work reports and other project expenses on projects you manage;
- Perform other related duties as required to ensure a safe workplace, quality construction and timely completion of each project
- Review weekly payroll and backlog reports for any required adjustments or re-budgets
- Monthly budget meetings
Sales and Estimating:
- Responsible for following the assigned bid schedule and responding to customer request for bids.
- Development of a customer base and repeat business relationships including monthly customer sales interaction and marketing activities.
- Follow all estimating, bidding and selling practices established by the company.
- Coordinating the Project Set-up and Start-up phase of each project
- Maintain Bidding Activity of a minimum of 3-5 jobs per week.
- Close contracts on projects bid to total the annual goal within the final average gross profit percentage specified.
- Follow up on all projects bid including completion of all bid/sales logs with accurate and complete information to be used for customer/bid analysis per company guidelines.
- Enter customer contact data and sales data into company sales tracking system for all existing and potential new customers.
General Company Administration:
- Profit & loss and cost control of company resources
- Maintaining all required schedules, logs, lists etc.
- Complete and accurate completions of all bid/sales logs and all project management tools
- Perform monthly collections on projects that you managed/sold
- Complete & submit required paperwork for operations management, payroll and accounting in a timely manner.
- Enforcement of all company policies and procedures, including Safety and Quality Control
- Answering of phones
- Additional duties as directed by company management specific to the position.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree in Construction Sciences, Construction Management, Engineering or related field required
- 2-5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager, Estimator, within a commercial construction company environment is preferred
- Previous personnel management and operations experience a plus
- Experience in project scheduling and coordination, project management, and general construction practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with the ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team in a fast paced, time sensitive environment. Handle multiple tasks and responsibilities as well as change
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office, web-based applications.
- Strong technical skills
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
This is a full time, salaried position. We have an excellent benefits program including insurance coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision), 401k, Truck allowance, and a generous bonus program.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, background check and sign a non-compete agreement.
General Job Requirements:
All employees of our group of companies (The George D. Alan Company, Seal-Co, Inc., Oklahoma Waterproofing Company and Texas Moisture Protection Company) are required to be familiar with and comply with the Company Employee Manual, Haz-Com Policy, Drug Alcohol & Safety Policy, and Personal Protective Equipment Policy. All employees must be on time, alert and equipped every day. Employees will be courteous and respectful of other employees, customers and vendors as a condition of employment. All employees will be expected to follow instructions as given by superiors or customers.
All company employees must pass a pre-employment drug test and physical. Field staff, operations managers and project managers are required to have and maintain a truck or appropriate vehicle as part of their personal equipment. All office personnel, regardless of position, are expected to answer phones as part of their individual job duties
About The George D. Alan Company
In 1993 Daniel “George” Cain, Steven “D.” Wilson and Steven “Alan” Frank (ie. George D. Alan) combined their waterproofing, construction and business experience to form The George D. Alan Company. The three veterans of the waterproofing industry simply wanted to focus on developing a waterproofing company that concentrated on providing superior customer service, with a highly motivated team in a well-designed business environment.
The same spirit of teamwork lives on today with additions to the ownership group that allow us to maintain and grow strong leadership. This focus has helped our group of companies grow and expand into Austin, Houston, Oklahoma City and Albuquerque. With a staff of over 100 people serving Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kansas, Arizona and Colorado, we are continuing to build on our success.