The San Jacinto River Authority is seeking to fill a Construction Manager position located out of The Woodlands, Texas. The Construction Manager leads, manages, directs and coordinates resources and activities related to construction management, administration, inspection and commissioning service activities for all of the SJRA Divisions.
Communicates, coordinates, collaborates and cooperates with Division Managers and staff, Construction Manager 2, Engineering Manager and staff on the following:
(1) Provides technical support to all SJRA staff throughout the entire project planning and implementation phases. (2) Identifies the appropriate delivery method for all SJRA construction projects. (3) Identifies the resources required to provide complete construction management, administration, inspection and commissioning services. (4) Develops appropriate and desired level of SJRA resources to provide construction management, administration, inspection and commissioning services in-house. (5) Leads, manages, directs and coordinates all SJRA staff providing construction management, administration, inspection and commissioning of SJRA projects in-house. (6) Participates in the selection of third party consultants and corresponding negotiation of contracts required to supplement SJRA in-house staff. (7) Manages all third party consultant contracts. (8) Directly provides management and administration of construction projects on selected projects.
This job requires attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills including listening, written and verbal communication, teamwork and the pursuit of excellence.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or a technical/science area of study from an ABET accredited program in the United States.
· At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible construction management experience for the planning design, procurement/pre-construction, construction, and post-construction phases of multiple public utilities and/or public works facilities and infrastructure projects.
· Equivalent combination of experience and education considered.
· Certified Construction Manager from Construction Management Association of America and/or registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Texas is a plus.
· Valid Texas Driver's License with insurable driving record.
About San Jacinto River Authority
Created by the Texas Legislature in 1937 (Article 8280-121, as amended), the San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) is a government agency whose mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Covering all or part of seven counties, the organization’s jurisdiction includes the entire San Jacinto River watershed, excluding Harris County. The SJRA is one of 10 major river authorities in the State of Texas, and like other river authorities, its primary purpose is to implement long-term, regional projects related to water supply and wastewater treatment.The SJRA boundaries include the entire watershed of the San Jacinto River and its tributaries excluding Harris County. This includes all of Montgomery County and parts of Walker, Waller, San Jacinto, Grimes, Fort Bend, and Liberty Counties. SJRA serves many customers in the Houston area and is authorized to operate in East Harris County through an agreement with the City of Houston, which allows the SJRA to operate east of the San Jacinto River.